Article provided by: truvida.com
TruVida Recovery is a highly sought-after facility for alcohol treatment in Mission Viejo with state of the art infrastructure and modern amenities. We offer excellent treatment for dual diagnosis using cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational enhancement therapy, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy, and other psychotherapies.
Common dual diagnosis conditions with alcohol
Alcoholism can cause mental disorders in individuals over time. Most common dual diagnosis conditions include:
- Depression - Depression is the most common co-occurring mental health disorder that affects alcoholics. Individuals who suffer from depression resort to alcohol consumption to overcome feelings of loneliness, hopelessness, and suicidal thoughts.
- Anxiety - Anxiety affects close to 18% of the American population, and individuals dealing with anxiety issues more often turn to alcohol for temporary relaxation. Individuals with social anxiety often consume alcohol, thinking that it makes them feel more confident. When in reality, alcohol only worsens anxiety and impairs cognitive abilities and vital internal organs in individuals over time.
- Bipolar disorder - Alcohol abuse often presents with bipolar disorder, where patients consume alcohol to overcome the symptoms of their condition. An alarming 61% of Bipolar patients develop an addiction for alcohol putting their lives in great danger, as alcohol consumption can lead to reckless and careless behavior in these patients.
Besides, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and post-traumatic stress disorder are some of the other common mental health disorders that present with long-term alcohol abuse. We offer highly effective alcohol treatment in Mission Viejo with a team of highly skilled staff at affordable prices.
What are the symptoms of withdrawal?
Alcohol withdrawal refers to a variety of symptoms that individuals experience when they abruptly quit alcohol consumption. Some of the common symptoms of alcohol withdrawal include:
- Anxiety, confusion,
- Headaches, fatigue, irritability
- Heart palpitations, high blood pressure, shaking, and tremors
- Insomnia, nausea, and vomiting
Individuals with severe alcohol addiction may suffer from life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. It is crucial for alcoholics suffering from moderate to severe addiction condition to undergo medically-supervised detox to overcome the unpleasant side-effects.
Components of an intensive outpatient program
The components of an intensive outpatient program differ from facility to facility. However, most IOP programs include the following elements:
- One-on-one counseling and therapy - IOP patients receive individualized therapy and counseling on 5-7 days a week, which reduces to 3-4 days a week over time. Patients undergo EMDR therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, and biofeedback sessions as a part of their IOP program.
- Group therapy - Recovering addicts undergo group therapy sessions several times a week based on their co-occurring mental health programs, gender, sexual orientation, and the substance of abuse. Group therapy offers a platform for patients dealing with similar situations to offer support, comfort, and non-judgemental feedback to each other.
- Holistic therapy - This therapy includes complimentary treatment to recovering addicts like music and art therapy, yoga, adventure therapy, massage therapy, equine therapy, etc.
Call or visit the TruVida Recovery today for more details on our facility, treatment programs, and pricing structure. We are one of the few rehab facilities for alcohol treatment in Mission Viejo with a home-like setting and luxurious amenities.Alcohol Treatment Mission Viejo
View Larger Map